GLCAC - Chinese Pastor Job Description 2022
GLCAC - 中文牧师职务要求 2022 Thank you for taking your time to look through this brief description of our search for a Chinese pastor. We ask that as you read through this that you would pray through this also. We also commit to praying for you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
If interested, please contact:
The pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Biblical Truth and Doctrine, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life.
Description of Candidate:
We are looking for a Chinese Pastor who can serve our congregation along with our Next Gen/English Pastor and Church Leaders.
- Meet the Biblical requirements for pastor as listed in 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Demonstrate a clear calling for pastoral ministry.
- At least 5 years of full-time ministry experience.
- Should be at least 30 years old or older.
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree(s) in Ministry and Seminary.
- Prepare and deliver teaching/preaching; Co-lead in observance of ordinances (Baptisms and Communion).
- Co-lead in giving Biblical Counseling (e.g. Pre-marriage, Marriage, Emotional Health, Spiritual guidance, etc.), performing wedding ceremonies, and conducting funerals.
- Care for and visit members and church prospects.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in ministry. This also includes consistent/weekly time in the church office working on administration and communication to the congregation.
- Work together with the church leadership of pastors, elders, and deacons in vision casting and strategic planning for the church and its ministries. We continue to strive to reach and disciple the campus and community of Chinese students, scholars, faculty, professionals, and other Chinese residents and visitors in the Greater Lafayette Area for Christ.
- Oversee along with the church leadership the Mandarin speaking ministries with a focus in leading the adult ministries and programs. Currently Hope Fellowship, and Canaan Fellowship are the two Friday night adult programs, along with Sunday Schools.
- Balance personal walk with Christ and devotional/prayer life, marriage and home, and the ministry needs of the church.
- Participate in Christian and Missionary Alliance Council (conference), and communication. We belong to the Midwest District and the Chinese Church Association. The pastor is expected to attend their annual conferences.
- Denomination, Our denomination is The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA). There are currently 25 districts and 10 associations that comprise nearly 2,000 churches with approximately 400,000 members. Our church resides in the Midwest District (Illinois/Indiana), and we also belong to the Chinese Church Association of the C&MA. Our current president of the C&MA is Dr John Stumbo, the Midwest District Superintendent is Rev Robert (Bob) Petty, Chinese Church Association Executive Director is Rev James Chung.
- Church Website: glcaconline.org
- C&MA Website: https://cmalliance.org
- Midwest District Website: https://mwcma.org/
- Chinese Church Association: https://www.uscca.org/
- Church Demographics, Our church currently has around 130+ in members with more in adherents. Although Covid-19 has been challenging, God has not stopped working. We are a church reaching various ages from children and youth ministries, English (Abide Christian Fellowship) and Chinese college ministries (Purdue Chinese Christian Fellowship), to adult fellowships (Hope Fellowship) and senior ministries (Canaan Fellowship). We have weekly Wednesday night prayer gatherings, Friday night programs, Sunday Schools, and Sunday services in English and Chinese, along with other planned events.
- Staff, Currently on full-time staff Pastor Chuck Carter serves as the Next Generation/English pastor.
- Church Lay Leaders, Our current elder is Elder Michael Lin. Our current deacon board is Br. Fu Ping (Co-Chair, Missions), Br. Luo Zhaoqing (Worship), Sis. Weng Xiaochun (Financial), Sis. Helen Pai (Children's Ministries), Sis. Zeng Fazhi (Secretary), Br. Zhang Baozeng (Building Logistics), Br Qiu Xiaokang (Campus), and Br. Liu Chen (Treasurer). We also have a great team of adult ministry leaders, campus student ministry mentors, youth leaders, and children's ministry leaders.
- Bylaws, For your convenience, the GLCAC Bylaws are provided for your viewing. You will find our doctrinal statement within it at the first few pages.
- Building, In 2015 our church felt led by God to start building our own church building. Our first service in our new building took place in June of 2017. This process took our church through a lot of growth and in trusting in the Lord for provision. Prior to our building our church since 1965 has been meeting in various locations around West Lafayette. God truly answered our prayers in bringing us a church home.
- Extra resource:
- Building Fundraiser/ Church History Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epVJeElS2G0&ab_channel=MediaGlcac
- Chinese New Year Alliance Article: